Calling API with Service Account

Shawn Holman

Aug 29, 2022, 2:40:29 PM8/29/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Good afternoon.  Thanks for taking the time to review.

I have the API call to update shipping settings working in Postman using OAuth2 (3 leg auth).

We need to automate this so we created a service account to automate pushing shipping settings daily.

I can make the call to get the access token which works fine but when I call to get the current shipping settings we get "401 - User is not administrator of account".

Does anyone have an idea as to the roles that are necessary?   Or, what the issue might be?

2022-08-29_8-23-19.png

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Aug 30, 2022, 12:28:56 PM8/30/22
to shawn.h...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shawn,

Please send the following details:
  1. Merchant Center id
  2. Sample API request and error response in JSON format
  3. Did you add the service account email address as a user in the Merchant Center?
Thanks,
Google Logo
Nirmita
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dorjf:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Aug 30, 2022, 12:32:05 PM8/30/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com, shawn.h...@gmail.com, shawn.h...@gmail.com
Hi Shawn,

kindly provide us with the information via `Reply to privately to author` option. If the said option is not available on your end, you may send those requested details through this email alias <shopping-a...@google.com> instead.