Issue with Empty Responses from Google Content API for Price Insights

Ljustema AB

May 17, 2024, 7:19:12 AMMay 17
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with the Google Content API where I am receiving empty responses when querying for price insights data.

Here are the details:

Merchant ID: 125232715
Script Information: We run a Python script daily since February 8, 2023, to fetch price insights data using the Google Content API.
Issue Start Date: The script worked perfectly until April 24, 2023. Since then, we have been receiving empty responses from the API.

Script Details:

We authenticate using OAuth 2.0 and create a service object for the Content API.
We use the following query to fetch the data:

{
  "query": "SELECT product_view.id, product_view.title, product_view.price_micros, product_view.currency_code, price_insights.suggested_price_micros, price_insights.suggested_price_currency_code, price_insights.predicted_impressions_change_fraction, price_insights.predicted_clicks_change_fraction, price_insights.predicted_conversions_change_fraction FROM PriceInsightsProductView",
  "page_size": 1
}

We have verified that our OAuth credentials and merchant ID are correct.
We have also used the Google API Explorer to run the same query and received an empty response.

Here is a sample response we are receiving:

{}

Given that this issue started suddenly after April 24 and has persisted since then, we suspect there may be an issue with the API or our account configuration.

Could you please help us troubleshoot this issue and restore the functionality of the API?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Rasmus Lejonfelt

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 17, 2024, 1:27:08 PMMay 17
to in...@ljustema.se, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Content API support team.

Upon reviewing the provided logs, I understand that you are receiving empty responses for the PriceInsightsProductView query for your account. Additionally, I checked the Merchant Center UI and could not find any price insights under the Growth menu in your Merchant Center account. This might be the reason for the empty response, as there is no data in your account. For more information, please refer to this article. Please note that the Content API call retrieves data available in the Merchant Center UI.

You also mentioned that you were getting results before April 24 for your account. Could you please share the complete API logs for the PriceInsightsProductView performed before April 24 for further investigation.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ0sq:ref" (ADR-00235496)

Thanks,

Google Logo Content API for Shopping Team

Ljustema AB

May 20, 2024, 8:03:58 AMMay 20
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I have checked the Growth menu in our Merchant Center account and confirmed that there are no price insights available. This likely explains the empty responses we are receiving from the Content API.

As requested, I have run our script again with detailed logging enabled. Please find attached the complete API logs for the PriceInsightsProductView queries. (I did not have any logging active before)

Additionally, I would like to mention that we have automatic price adjustments enabled in our Merchant Center account. Could this be affecting the availability of price insights data via the Content API?

Please let us know if there is anything else we can provide or check to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Rasmus Lejonfelt
api_log_20240520_135911.log

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 20, 2024, 1:18:01 PMMay 20
to in...@ljustema.se, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As mentioned earlier, the Content API retrieves the data available in the Merchant Center UI. Since there are no PriceInsights in your Merchant Center UI, it will retrieve an empty response for the PriceInsightsProductView query for your account.

Additionally, you mentioned that recent logs is showing empty response. I have asked for the logs indicating that you were getting responses before April 24, so I have requested those logs for further investigation. I would like to mention that automatic price adjustments do not affect the price insights data through the Content API.

Ljustema AB

May 21, 2024, 4:09:00 AMMay 21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi

I did not log the API answer before. I have attached the email that I sent out that shows that everything worked fine until april 24.
I also attach a screenshot of our MC account. The Priceinsight tab was replaced with the Automated discount tab when we started with that. But we started with that in January.

Best regards
Rasmus Lejonfelt

Screenshot_email.jpg
Screenshot_MC.jpg

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 21, 2024, 10:31:01 AMMay 21
to in...@ljustema.se, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I will check with our team regarding your issue and one of my team members will reach out to you once we have an update on this.

Ljustema AB

May 28, 2024, 5:32:23 AMMay 28
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi

1 week has past. Do you have any updates on this?

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 28, 2024, 4:45:39 PMMay 28
to in...@ljustema.se, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Your concern is still under investigation and we have no updates at the moment. However, allow me to follow up on this with the rest of the team. Thank you for your patience.