Updating products information via contentAPI

Miloš Jedlinský

Feb 17, 2021, 6:01:43 AM2/17/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello,

I would like to ask you a question. We are using the combination of the daily XML source fetch and contentAPI. ContentAPI because of a frequent product price change on our site.

Right now if the only price of the product is changed we are inserting the product like the new one with all the parameters. Is there a way how to update just the price of the product by the contentAPI for existing products fetched by the XML source?

Thanks and have a nice day, Miloš

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 17, 2021, 10:51:19 PM2/17/21
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello there,

I’m James from the Content API Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

I completely understand your concern. According to our best practices guide, if you’re frequently changing the prices of your products, you need to use the Supplemental Feeds.

To give you an overview about supplemental feeds, it allows you to make partial updates to the product data. Partial updates with supplemental feeds allow you to make requests that only include the fields that you want to modify, without affecting the rest of the product data and can also be used to provide additional attributes, both required and optional, that may be missing from your primary feed.

To set up a supplemental feed via the API, you may refer to this documentation. Please note that, it is not possible to create supplemental feeds directly via Content API, that said you need to create it via Merchant Center before you can start using it via API. For additional information about supplemental feed, please refer to this article.

Please note that when using supplemental feeds to update your products, it will only update products uploaded within the Content API feed.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team