Content API Product Feed Update/Refresh

Jeong Han Lee

Jan 8, 2023, 8:54:13 PM1/8/23
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,
I have a question.

Google Merchant is getting my product feed data via Content API from my website at the moment.

If I add new products on my website, how do I refresh or update the feed?
Because it seems the new products that I added are not listed.

Thank you.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 9, 2023, 1:30:42 AM1/9/23
to marketclou...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is Ciara from the Content API support team. Thank you for reaching out.

From the Content API's perspective, you can use the products.insert method to submit your products to your Merchant Center account. For updates on products that are already submitted to the Merchant Center, you can use the Supplemental feed or products.update method that allows you to programmatically make partial updates to your product data.

Take note that the Content API is a push model and does not automatically fetch/pull product data from your website, which means someone from your website application needs to make or trigger an API call, such as the methods I have mentioned above, in order to send product data to your merchant account.

If you are using a third party application to submit your products to the Merchant Center, then those methods are implemented on the back-end of your application and it would be best to reach out to their technical support team for assistance on how you can use their application to submit your new products or update your existing products.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ciara