local inventory and batches

absolut...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2021, 11:51:55 AM2/19/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi

Is it possible to use the local inventory system in a batch format.

I can't find any documentation regarding how to do this.

Can someone at google let me know if this is correct and where in the docs I need to look as to how to generate the payload etc via the API.

Thanks

Alex

absolut...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2021, 12:03:31 PM2/19/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
As an update, I can find and access the local inventory batch endpoint, but cannot find any schema that is required to be sent in this batch.

and shows

{
  "storeCode": “1235”,
  "salePrice": {
     "value": “100.00”,
     "currency": “USD”
   },
  "salePriceEffectiveDate": “2021-02-24T13:00-0800/2021-02-28T15:30-0800”,
  "quantity": 200,
}

Which does not have a productId as part of its call.

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 22, 2021, 5:47:59 AM2/22/21
to absolut...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello there,

I’m James from the Content API Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Yes, it is possible to use the local inventory in a custom batch format. To achieve this, you may refer to the link below:

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2CSyHI:ref

absolut...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2021, 9:02:37 AM2/22/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi James

Fantastic thanks, not sure why I struggled to find that.

Can you confirm how we delete from the local inventory ,. the docs show this is not possible on this endpoint.

Is is that if we delete on the online, it removes the associated product from local?

Thanks

Alex

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 23, 2021, 3:00:32 AM2/23/21
to absolut...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Alex,

Thank you for getting back to us. To clarify, it is not possible to delete the whole Local inventory via Content API. Instead, what you can do is to delete the products within the Local inventory. You can achieve this by using the products.delete method and specifying the product ID on this format channel:contentLanguage:targetCountry:offerId (ex. local:en:US:1111111111) to determine the specific product you want to delete.

Also, keep in mind that when you’re going to delete a specific product in your local inventory, you need to set the channel to ‘local’ so that it determine which product you want to delete in a local channel.

Let me know if you have further questions on this.

absolut...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2021, 5:23:32 AM2/23/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi

Sorry, but is this able to be run through the products customBatch (that suggests it has a method of delete)

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 23, 2021, 10:38:50 PM2/23/21
to absolut...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello there,

Yes, it is possible to delete products using custombatch on either online or local channels. To be able to do this, you can use the products.custombatch with method=delete

Let me know if you have further questions on this.

Thanks you,