Need Help to check the Implementation Of Content API V2.1

Faizan

Sep 3, 2021, 2:20:37 AM9/3/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

We were using content api 2 Php library to post our products to google shopping via feed. Now i have updated my PHP Library with this:
https://github.com/googleapis/google-api-php-client

my question is, how i can test the installation if its working or not? i can see in api diagnostincs in merchant center that our products are going perfectly fine into the merchant account but is there any proper way i can test it throughly ?

Or do i need to update any api credentials as well? since i am using our previous credentials.

Rob Daniels

Sep 3, 2021, 1:50:06 PM9/3/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
I have the same question.
I moved to a new ruby gem for Content v2.1, it looks like it's working - merchant data feed says success, but it doesn't confirm to me that it's v2.1 or v2.0

gem 'google-apis-content_v2_1'

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 7, 2021, 3:31:07 AM9/7/21
to r.da...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faizan and Rob,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Content API for Shopping Team.

In the most senseful way, you should be good with the migration if you are now requesting to v2.1 endpoints and have not been encountering errors/issues relating to a function or attribute that is no longer supported (See Making required changes and Additional changes in v2.1). Testing your migration would be another way to check if you've fully migrated to the v2.1 of the API.

Moreover, I believe that you can check your API version usage through the Google API Console then follow through the steps below:
  • Make sure to select the project where you have enabled the Content API for Shopping. If not, then you can do this by clicking on the arrow down icon on the upper left side of the page and select the corresponding project.
  • Below the Traffic graph, you should see there the list of API you have used for the project.
  • Select Content API for Shopping and Metrics.
  • From there, you should be able to check data on your API usage which lists methods, traffic and errors for each API version.
  • Kindly take note that data would vary on the filters you select.
Let me know if you have questions or other concerns.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Content API for Shopping Team