Regarding product URL switching when searching from overseas

齋部

Jun 7, 2024, 5:24:02 AMJun 7
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

We are currently using an automatic translation service to display our online shop pages in Japanese and English.
For English, /en/ is added to the URL.

I think you can register the product page URL of your online shop when registering products in Merchant Center, but is it possible to also register Japanese and English URLs?
Will I be able to register the Japanese URL for the product page URL of the online shop and the English URL for other product attributes?
Is it possible to automatically switch the Japanese URL for searches from Japan and the English URL for searches from overseas using a single product page URL in an online shop?

Thanks

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jun 7, 2024, 7:21:29 AMJun 7
to 7ss...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the Content API support team.

Yes, you would be able to add a different URL for that you need to add two products where one can target countries (based on your requirements) for English URL and another for Japan target country for Japanese URL. You'll need to upload the product multiple times, once for each targeted country-language pair through the API, with a new feedLabel.

For example, for country NZ, you have created a feed with feedLabel "NZ", to submit products to this feed, you can use the products.insert method and make sure to provide the value "NZ" for the feedLabel attribute, this would make your product appear for the NZ feed. You need to do this for every feed that you have. You may refer to this guide for more information.

Hope this helps. For any other assistance you may get back to us.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJFKP:ref" (ADR-00238907)

Thanks,

Google Logo Content API for Shopping Team