API call quota limit

Md Monir Hossain

Apr 30, 2024, 8:53:15 AMApr 30
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi, I'm developing a web app that requires Google authentication for users. I've followed the documentation at Google Shopping Content API Guide to set up authentication using my app's credentials.
  1. Does the API quota limit apply to my app or to each user account?
  2. If I exceed my quota limit, can I increase it? If so, does it incur additional charges?
  3. The access token has an expiration time of 30 minutes (based on my understanding). Can I extend this duration or make it unlimited?
  4. Regarding project verification, the documentation mentions verifying site ownership using Google Site Verification. How do we handle this process if we have sub-domains?
  5. Finally, are credit card verification steps required for any of these procedures?
Note: I aim to integrate Google Shopping Feed where users can send their XML data feed to their merchant account.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Apr 30, 2024, 1:03:25 PMApr 30
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Content API support team.

1)The API quota limit applies to each Merchant Center account.

2)The quotas for the Products and Accounts service automatically increase with increase in the total number of products.For all other services you need to raise a request.

3)Access tokens expire one hour after they are issued by the Google OAuth 2.0 Authorization Server. When an access token expires, the application should use the client library to fetch another access token.

4)As you are using Cloud platform console , I suggest you reach out to Google cloud platform team as they are best equipped to address your concern. Please note that our team can assist with technical queries/concerns related to the Content API.

5)No, credit card verification steps are not required.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tIpoG:ref" (ADR-00233176)

Thanks,

Google Logo Content API for Shopping Team

Md Monir Hossain

May 1, 2024, 11:36:23 PMMay 1
to Google Content API for Shopping
Thanks for the response.