Enabling global supplemental feeds for multi client accounts

jto...@connexity.com

Jan 7, 2021, 2:04:20 PM1/7/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello,

We are in the process of migrating to Content API v2.1 and as you know the inventory method's functionality has been replaced with supplemental feeds.

The following documentation indicates it is possible to create a single supplemental feed for all sub-accounts within a multi client account however there's a note stating it's not available to new users?

Since we operate multi client accounts it isn't feasible for us to manually create supplemental feeds within each sub account. What is the process for enabling the single supplemental feed for all sub-accounts for all of our multi client accounts?

Thanks.

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 7, 2021, 3:51:59 PM1/7/21
to jto...@connexity.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you are looking to enable this feature, then please contact the Merchant Center team. Once it is enabled and seeing any API errors, please contact us.

How to contact Merchant Center team: Please contact them via 'Help center and support' option under the 'Help' button. You will get the 'Help' button in the upper right hand corner of the Merchant Center account dashboard.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Lakshmi Prathipati
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2AIP4N:ref

jto...@connexity.com

Jan 8, 2021, 12:34:47 PM1/8/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Thanks Lakshmi. We're working with the merchant center team to get that enabled.

We have a couple of questions regarding how supplemental feeds will work as replacements for the inventory API:
  1. What happens when a product field is updated through the Primary feed after it was updated through the supplemental feed? It seems as though there should be a way to enforce a "take latest" approach but not clear how to set that up?
  2. Is the partial data uploaded through the supplemental feed deleted once the product itself is deleted? The use case we're thinking about is that a product is created and updated through the supplemental feed, then the product is deleted, and recreated a day later. Is the data uploaded through a supplemental feed permanently deleted once the associated product ID is deleted, or does that data stay on file and joined once more when the product is recreated later on?

Jeremy

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 8, 2021, 4:20:38 PM1/8/21
to jto...@connexity.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeremy,

By default the latest updated data will be taken into account. For example: I updated complete product with full insert and sent supplemental feed after that for price update, then price updated by supplemental feed will be taken into account.

The supplemental feed is used to update the existing product. If you are sending a supplemental feed for a non existing product you might end up seeing errors like offer does not exist for that product. Please note that always latest insert or update is taken into account. So, if you reinsert the product then the data that is uploaded while inserting will be taken into account.

https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/products/supplemental-feeds/using-supplemental-feeds

jto...@connexity.com

Jan 12, 2021, 1:12:34 PM1/12/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
I see. Can you tell us whether there are separate API limits for updates through supplemental feeds? Or if the published limits will be increased?

Part of the value of the inventory.set method is that it has higher published API limits. If calls through supplemental feeds are counted against the product.insert method it reduces the value of partial updates. We would basically be building a separate flow for partial updates while using the same method and incurring the same cost from an API quota perspective.

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 12, 2021, 4:46:17 PM1/12/21
to jto...@connexity.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

To send updates via supplemental feed, you need to use Products.insert call. The API limits are per method in each service. If you think you need additional API quota, then please let us know.

Please refer to the common error documentation under the section daily_limit_exceeded: merchant quota exceededhttps://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/how-tos/common-errors#quota

Published limits: https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/limits

Thanks,