Google Content API for Shopping : Java Developer's Guide link is broken

PBB

Dec 29, 2020, 6:14:08 AM12/29/20
to Google Content API for Shopping

Hi Team,

I am trying to setup Google Content API for Shopping using java language.

I have found the documentation link as below:

https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/sample-apps/java

however, the  Java Developer's Guide link is broken on that page. Please find the screen shot as below:

The highlighted link is broken. Please give me a working link or please share a set up instruction for java.

Regards,

Prashant

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 3, 2021, 9:32:28 PM1/3/21
to pbhos...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Prashant,

Thank you for the heads up on our documentation. Let me now raised this to the rest of the team, so we can update this.

You can refer to this link (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-shopping-samples/tree/master/java) the detailed instructions on how you can setup Google Content API Client library for Java.

Let me know if you have further concerns.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2AFkIW:ref

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 5, 2021, 5:02:58 PM1/5/21
to pbhos...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Prashant,

Thank you for bringing to our attention our outdated documentation! I removed the 'Sample programs for accessing the Content API for Shopping using the Google API Client' guide from our devsite, as it is no longer our current recommended approach to onboarding with our sample code.

You can refer to this link (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-shopping-samples/tree/master/java) for the detailed instructions on how you can setup Google Content API Client library for Java. This ReadMe in the top-level directory explains how to configure the sample code. This ProductsBatchInsertSample.java sample code example demonstrates how to do batching in Java. Our getting started guide walks you through how to setup the sample code and make a call in Python. The making a call section will likely not be of help to you, because it is in python, but the setup section may address any issues you run into setting up the sample code for Java.

Let me know if you have further concerns.

Sincerely,
Benji, Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2AFkIW:ref