Merchant quota exceeded error

Vasile Orhei

Nov 16, 2021, 1:29:27 PM11/16/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello,

   Some of our content API calls are failing this morning with this type of error: { "error": { "code": 403, "message": "merchant quota exceeded", "errors": [ { "message": "merchant quota exceeded", "domain": "content.ContentErrorDomain", "reason": "quota/daily_limit_exceeded" } ] }}
The calls which are failing are Productstatuses and Products. We are making around 10,000-20,000 calls each day, way bellow the limit of 20,000,000 for these type of calls.

We cannot see a pattern in the calls returning this error.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Nov 16, 2021, 3:28:30 PM11/16/21
to vor...@adamplify.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When you mentioned 10,000-20,000 calls each day, do you mean custombatch calls? As per the quota guide, each method call with in a custombatch counted as one call against to that method call limit.

https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/limits

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi Prathipati
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2R9Zfb:ref

Vasile Orhei

Nov 16, 2021, 3:51:13 PM11/16/21
to Shopping API Forum Advisor, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
  We are making  10,000-20,000  Productstatuses calls per day and less than 5000  Products calls (custombatch http requests).. If I'm not mistaken the daily limit for each one of them is 20,000,000 calls a day.
  Anyhow, we are not receiving any errors anymore and all the calls are getting fine.
  Today is the first day we have seen this type of error. Based on our log there is no increase in the number of Content API calls we are making

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Nov 16, 2021, 10:50:11 PM11/16/21
to vor...@adamplify.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Vasile,

I’m James, a colleague of Lakshmi. Thank you for your response. Allow me to assist you further.

Could you please provide us your merchant account ID and sample API request and response logs in JSON format when you encountered the said error so that we can further investigate?

Kindly provide the requested items via ‘Reply privately to author’ option, if the private option is not available on your end, then please send it over through this email <shopping-a...@google.com> instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza