Need clarification on v2.1 custom attributes 'type' change

David Ren

Aug 30, 2021, 4:07:02 PM8/30/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello, I'm looking for some clarification about the following change to the product service API:

Custom attributes no longer contain a type and unit. Instead, units are to be appended to the value and types should be automatically detected.

What does did they mean about the type being automatically detected? Currently, I provide a type in the JSON that I serialize and send in the POST request. Does this mean I no longer have to provide the type and the API handles that for me?

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Sep 2, 2021, 11:08:51 PM9/2/21
to dr...@lightingnewyork.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Content API for Shopping Team.

I am confirming this new update to the CustomAttribute under the Products resource where you would not need to supply a type whenever you manage your products as it will be automatically detected. You would only need to fill in name, value and groupValues for custom attributes.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Content API for Shopping Team