Supplemental feeds for multi-client accounts

Kateřina Henzlová

Mar 24, 2022, 11:55:54 AM3/24/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi there,

We have some who use supplemental feeds for MCAs. A note in the article says "You can add the supplemental data for multi-client account supplemental feeds at the sub-account level through the Content API by using product.insert. This can be done by referring to the feedId of the supplemental feed created in the parent account."

Can we add the supplemental feed data also at the MCA level (using the MCA ID) for all sub-accounts at once? That would be the easiest way for us.

If we add the supplemental feed data for all accounts and all products to the MCA feed using one of the sub-accounts, will the data be applied to all products in all accounts or just the products of the selected sub-account?

Sorry for all the questions, it's hard to test it as the feature is currently not available for new retailers.

Thanks,
Katerina Henzlova

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Mar 24, 2022, 10:30:52 PM3/24/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Katerina,

Thank you for raising your concern to us. I’m James, a member of the Content API support team.

Yes, based on this guide, you can add supplemental feed data at MCA level for all of your sub-accounts at once. However, allow me to check the setup of this approach with the rest of the team so that we can discuss this further and provide the appropriate information on this. Rest assured that we will get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Yr7De:ref

Kateřina Henzlová

Mar 25, 2022, 4:13:03 AM3/25/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi James,

Thanks for looking into it. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Katerina Henzlova

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Apr 28, 2022, 6:17:15 AM4/28/22
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Katerina,

Thank you for your patience. I got feedback from the team and we would like to inform you that there is no support on aggregator level. The solution would be to iterate through all subaccounts of aggregator using Accounts.list method and then adding feeds to each them separately.

Let me know if you have any further comments or questions.

Regards,

Kateřina Henzlová

May 9, 2022, 6:27:59 AM5/9/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi James,

All right then, we'll look into it. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Kateřina Henzlová

Hải Tây Vũ

May 9, 2022, 6:27:56 PM5/9/22
to Kateřina Henzlová, Google Content API for Shopping

Vào Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 5, 2022, 'Kateřina Henzlová' via Google Content API for Shopping <google-content-...@googlegroups.com> đã viết:

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 10, 2022, 4:42:04 AM5/10/22
to tayv...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com, katerina...@roihunter.com

Hi,

This is Ciara from the Content API team as well.

Glad to help. Let us know if you have any further questions with regards to the Content API for Shopping. We're happy to assist.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ciara