Hope you are doing well,
This is Sekkhar from Nihaki Systems. I have an excellent opportunity.
I would appreciate if you give prompt response on this.
I hope you had a great weekend! I have another Oracle DBA Opportunity available in the Green Bay, WI area that I would like to share with you. This is also a 15 month contract and will be a 2 interview process; a phone followed by an onsite/Skype interview. In addition to a strong Oracle background, this position requires an individual to have a background in Data Warehousing. I have provided the job description below, and have attached additional details. Please send me any candidates that you feel would be a great fit for this opportunity, and also let me know if you have any questions.
Our client has an immediate need to augment its DBA staff with an on-site (Green Bay, WI) contractual DBA proficient in Oracle 11.x, with additional real-world experience in data warehousing. This is a temporary position; the expected duration is the remainder of 2012 and all of CY 2013. Selected candidates will be expected to participate in both a technical interview as well as an assessment of their communications and soft-skills. Our client is not willing to sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Technical Oracle DBA and data warehousing tasks. Examples include:
· Database and SQL performance tuning.
· Proactive monitoring via SQL scripts, PL/SQL code, EM Grid Control, shell scripting.
· Creating, altering and dropping database objects: tables, views, indexes, etc.
· Maintaining and patching Oracle software via PSU and CPU best practices.
· Participation in project work to include physical database design recommendations.
· Setup, execute and review database utilities.
· Perform additional DBA tasks, such as space allocation and problem analysis, research and resolution, to include working closely with Oracle Product Support and escalating issues as needed.
· Providing on-call pager support as required.
2. Communicating across the company. Examples include:
· Development of accurate, readable and easy-to-follow documentation.
· Oral presentations to a wide audience, including technical IT staff (such as developers), business partners, other DBAs, and possibly company leadership.
· Adapting the level of detail within communications to the intended audience.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
1. Custom tailoring and best practices to maintain highly-available and highly-performing data warehouse environments installed on AIX 6.x hardware, in either standalone or multi-node RAC configurations. Important note: the environment is set; no Oracle Exadata experience is needed.
2. Relevant, real-world experience in OBIEE, ODI and BIP query tuning in a multi-terabyte warehouse environment.
3. Relevant, real-world Oracle 11.x experience to include performing DBA tasks against very large (> 20 Tbyte), high performance and highly available, mission critical databases.
4. Relevant, real-world Oracle RMAN, RAC, Data Guard and ASM expertise to include various recoveries, configurations and backups.
5. Relevant, real-world 11.x Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control proficiency, to include creation of jobs and proficiency within EMGC to perform a variety of DBA tasks.
OPTIONAL, VALUE-ADDED TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
1. No optional skill sets are identified for this position.
Thanks & Regards,
NIHAKI SYSTEMS INC.,
Fax: (732) 438-6973
Yahoo : sekkhar.recruiter