I am aware of the fact that our spam problem is getting worse

1 view

Kevin Bourrillion

Jan 4, 2010, 1:00:06 AM1/4/10
to Google Collections Library - users list, Google Collections Library - developer list
I am sorry about the spam problem.  Spammers are lowlifes.  (If anyone ever uses the Google Collections Library to write a program that sends spam, I think I'll have to shoot myself.)

I'll see what little I can do about it.

--
Kevin Bourrillion @ Google
internal:  http://go/javalibraries

Kevin Bourrillion

Jan 4, 2010, 1:04:43 AM1/4/10
to Google Collections Library - users list, Google Collections Library - developer list
I went to

https://groups.google.com/group/google-collections-users/topics?start=

and clicked each spam message and there was a "report this conversation as spam" link.  Hopefully, that link appears for you as well.  If so, I'd be very thankful if all members of this list would be willing to occasionally serve the greater good by clicking over and labeling spam when you see it.  If 10 readers were willing to do randomly report 1 out of 5 spams each, that would cover it quite well I guess.

Vladimír Oraný

Jan 4, 2010, 3:19:57 AM1/4/10
to Kevin Bourrillion, Google Collections Library - users list, Google Collections Library - developer list
I did so too. The worst thing is when you get e.g. three or more same spams from different groups. You should talk to your Google Groups colleagues to try to fix this ;)
V.

2010/1/4 Kevin Bourrillion <kev...@google.com>
--
Google Collections Library - users list