suggestion to add Tuple abstractions @ http://javatuple.com

Pangea

Nov 30, 2009, 3:29:12 PM11/30/09
to Google Collections Library - users list
I am not sure if this is the right forum (I couldnt find one in
guvava) but may I suggest that the Tuples library @ http://javatuple.com
is a right candidate for adding it to the guava or collections
project...

Willi Schönborn

Nov 30, 2009, 3:33:23 PM11/30/09
to Google Collections Library - users list
Looks interesting even though i can't remember a need for something like
a tuple. But maybe i just dont remember.

Pangea

Nov 30, 2009, 3:46:56 PM11/30/09
to Google Collections Library - users list
Advantages
1) no need to create value objects for presentation pruposes...
2)also helps in returning multiple values from a function

On Nov 30, 3:33 pm, Willi Schönborn <w.schoenb...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Pangea wrote:
> > I am not sure if this is the right forum (I couldnt find one in
> > guvava) but may I suggest that the Tuples library @http://javatuple.com

Johan Van den Neste

Dec 1, 2009, 8:40:22 AM12/1/09
to Pangea, Google Collections Library - users list
This has been discussed before (search the issues).

Regarding the tuple library you suggest: I understand that the way it
was implemented resulted in maximum code reuse, but
"tuple.rest.rest.rest.rest.rest.rest.rest.rest.rest.first" looks...
not healthy.

And honestly, I have my own tuple classes, and I rarely need anything
larger than Pair. For bigger things it is more readable to create a
proper class.
> --
> Google Collections Library - users list
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-collections-dev?hl=en