File size discrepancy

Yoav Levy

Aug 10, 2021, 7:41:43 AM8/10/21
to google-cloud-storage-discuss
Hi all,

We have a strange issue regarding files uploaded to our bucket(s). We upload images files of several megabytes each using the command-line tool gsutil-cp. Upload returns with success, and then we double-check by running gsutil-ls immediately after, and we find a constant difference of 36 bytes - the uploaded file's size is smaller.

When we check again after a few seconds, the sizes are equal.

Did anyone else encounter this? Is there a reason to worry? Or should we simply wait a while before running the gsutil-ls?

Thanks in advance.