Cannot access Directory rclone mounted to Google Cloud Storage on Ubuntu

Jeffrey Cheng

Jun 16, 2021, 12:25:09 PM6/16/21
to google-cloud-storage-discuss

I installed rclone and defined a remote "bucket_gcs" for my Google Cloud Storage. Then I successfully rclone mounted the remote to a Directory with the command:

```sudo rclone mount bucket_gcs: /mnt/Google_Cloud_Storage```

I can view my Google Cloud Storage contents in the mounted directory with commands:

```sudo rclone ls /mnt/Google_Cloud_Storage```

However whenever I cannot click into the Directory folder with a message: 'You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of "Google_Cloud_Storage"'

I have tried the followings but still cannot enter the folder:

```sudo chmod 777 /mnt/Google_Cloud_Storage``` ```sudo chmod -R ug+rw /mnt/Google_Cloud_Storage``` ```sudo chown $USER: /mnt/Google_Cloud_Storage```

Can someone advise please?

Thanks

Jeffrey

davidcharles

Jun 18, 2021, 4:31:57 PM6/18/21
to google-cloud-storage-discuss

Hello,

I see that you were able to run the commands by running it without sudo.