Firebase Vs Google Storage (and CDN)

Tomer Peled

Jun 2, 2021, 9:38:56 AM6/2/21
to google-cloud-storage-discuss
Hi,

What will be the best service to use for storing (and downloading) resources for our app.
For example several music/video files which will be downloaded on demand, by our users from our app?
* Notice that we don't need any authentication requirements, the resources can be public.

Should we use Firebase or Google storage with a CDN on top?

Does Firebase works with CDN?
What about the pricing? what will be more expensive?
I've looked on the pricing plans of both and still didn't get what is more expensive....

Any help, will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tomer

wokmou

Jun 3, 2021, 2:33:14 PM6/3/21
to google-cloud-storage-discuss
In short ,  You will have to choose the option that best suits your need.

You can consult our public documentation for more details on

Cloud Storage for Firebase [1] and Google Cloud Storage [2]
[1] https://firebase.google.com/docs/storage
[2] https://cloud.google.com/storage

You can quickly deploy web apps and serve both static and dynamic content to a global CDN (content delivery network).
https://firebase.google.com/docs/hosting
https://firebase.google.com/docs/web/setup#from-the-cdn_1

Firebase pricing
https://firebase.google.com/pricing