Re: Can't connect to instance because "Policy checks are unavailable"

Message has been deleted

perezsanchez

Jun 24, 2022, 2:10:45 PM6/24/22
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Reviewing other cases with the same issue, the suggestion so far is to use Cloudflare's WARP to get around the issue. I suspect a DNS blocking issue of some sort.

Basically, CloudFlare's VPN tunnel. According to what I most recently read in the following site, it's a Wireguard implementation:

https://developers.cloudflare.com/warp-client/warp-modes/#1111-with-warp

You may access the github repository in case there is another update of the issue related to.

On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 1:30:49 PM UTC-5 haide...@tajir-app.com wrote:
Here's what `gcloud sql connect` says:

ERROR: (gcloud.sql.connect) UNAVAILABLE: Policy checks are unavailable.

Here's what cloud_sql_proxy says:

2022/06/23 17:22:11 errors parsing config:

    googleapi: Error 503: Policy checks are unavailable., backendError

What's wrong here?

Eno Compton

Jun 27, 2022, 12:34:42 PM6/27/22
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
The Cloud SQL team is working on fixing this right now.

I'll share updates here as they're available: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloudsql-proxy/issues/1248.