Sql Logs filled with Logon Login failed for user 'a-...-\a-...-$'.

Travis Marble

Apr 13, 2020, 7:49:17 PM4/13/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

My Sql Server logs (Cloud Sql, of course) are full with the following:

Logon Login failed for user 'a-xxxxxxxxxxxx-\a-xxxxxxxxxxxx-$'. Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Login lacks connect endpoint permission

(I redacted the account, just in case its sensitive).

These are coming through about every 20 minutes 24/7, I have no idea what that account is.

My best guess it its some sort of service to check on the server periodically, but no clue. My app engine app and sql proxy connections are working just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Travis

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 14, 2020, 9:30:53 AM4/14/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Travis,

This error can be ignored for the moment until the Cloud SQL product team roll out a fix from Microsoft, for which there is currently no timeline. Microsoft seems have released an update in which the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) has been removed from the product (additional more info link). The workaround to make the issue disappear is to grant CONNECT permission on your Cloud SQL Endpoint (localhost) endpoint to public which I wouldn't recommend for a production instance. Disabling CEIP only disables the upload to Microsoft and not the collection of data which is what results in the error.

Travis Marble

Apr 14, 2020, 10:16:39 AM4/14/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thanks for your clear and prompt response. That helps assuage my concerns that I had broken something.

Travis

Daria Aleksich

Feb 2, 2022, 5:50:14 AM2/2/22
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,
Im facing the same issue. Has this not been resolved?
Thank you for help in advance!

goya

Feb 10, 2022, 4:40:32 AM2/10/22
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I was able to find this Issue Tracker thread designated to keep track of updates for these logs [1], from it the Cloud SQL team is still checking this.

As these logs can be ignored, you can filter the logs from your side in the meantime

[1]: https://issuetracker.google.com/168698592