Unable to connect to CloudSQL Postgres Instance with Private IP

Chris Balbuena

Mar 25, 2021, 11:51:01 AM3/25/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I'm getting the below error message when I'm trying to connect to a new CloudSqL instance through cloud shell.

ERROR: (gcloud.sql.connect) It seems your client does not have ipv6 connectivity and the database instance does not have an ipv4 address. Please request an ipv4 address for this database instance.

Networking has been setup to use a private service connection.  I set this connection to a shared VPC.  I see "Private connection to service" connection and it's attached to an internal range but I cannot connect and get the above error.  Any help or direction would be great.  Thank you

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 25, 2021, 8:22:46 PM3/25/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

Note that Cloud PostgreSQL instances do not support IPv6 and you may temporarily allow all IP addresses to connect to an instance by authorizing 0.0.0.0/0. If the issue still persists, I recommend to create a PRIVATE issue tracker or report the issue via your support package along with your instance ID and the REDACTED output of the gcloud command you are using to connect to the instance with the "--verbosity" flag set to "debug" so that we would be able to dig into the issue.