Integration CloudPostgreSQL to PowerBi.

Sujit Ramugade

Mar 15, 2022, 3:26:10 AM3/15/22
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Team,

We have a requirement to connect Cloud PostgreSQL w/ PowerBI for reporting needs. Could you please suggest what is the best possible solution here?

Since there is no direct/easy connectivity - team is taking the reporting data out of cloud (postgre) sql --> moving it to SQL express --> connecting with PowerBI. Is there any better solution?

Peter Kok

Mar 15, 2022, 10:38:13 AM3/15/22
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sujit,

Since you're a bit sparse on your environment in which you use PowerBI, it's hard to answer, but I would suggest looking into running Cloud SQL Auth Proxy locally (on server or network) to your PowerBI environment.

Thx
Peter

Scott Ertel

Mar 15, 2022, 10:50:52 AM3/15/22
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
An option you could look at is creating a windows VM in google cloud and install the enterprise gateway connector on it. Then you would need to install the Postgres connector on that machine. This will allow the powerBI service to reach the database.

I’m assuming connectivity is already in place and  users can already connect to the database in your internal network.

Sent from my iPhone

Sujit Ramugade

Mar 15, 2022, 12:19:40 PM3/15/22
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, @bala @peter @scott I will try to implement my setup with the above suggestions.
Thanks for the inputs :-) will ping here if required more clarification

--
User Image
LinkedInYouTubeTwitter

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. Searce is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.