All 80 MySQL Flags that were previously in beta are now generally available (GA)

Akhil Jariwala

Dec 1, 2020, 10:16:51 AM12/1/20
to Google Cloud SQL announce

At Cloud SQL, we make running a database in the cloud easy by preconfiguring your database for optimal performance. Sometimes though, one of your databases may need particular settings in order to perform best. That’s why we’ve made all 80 MySQL flags that were previously in beta now generally available (GA). Now, a total of 178 MySQL flags are fully supported.

These flags give you several controls to manage memory, handle threads, monitor events, and perform other MySQL operations. You can use these flags to optimize your production workloads with the assurance that your eligible instances will still be protected by the Cloud SQL SLA.

You can set a database flag using the Google Cloud Console, the gcloud command line, the REST API, or Terraform. You can view the full list of supported flags and acceptable values in our documentation.

Regards,
The Cloud SQL Team