Cloud SQL offers even faster maintenance

Akhil Jariwala

Jun 7, 2021, 4:09:49 PM6/7/21
to Google Cloud SQL announce

Cloud SQL takes care of operating system updates, database version upgrades, and other improvements for you during planned maintenance. These regular updates ensure that your business keeps running smoothly and that your data remains secure. While routine maintenance is a key benefit we offer as a managed service, SQL database maintenance does require that we disconnect your database for a brief period, once every few months.

We are pleased to share that Cloud SQL maintenance is now even faster than before. MySQL and PostgreSQL maintenance completes in less than 60 seconds on average and SQL Server maintenance completes in less than 120 seconds on average. Shorter maintenance means that your database is back to serving your applications and your users with the latest and greatest Cloud SQL software more quickly than before. You will automatically benefit from our faster maintenance process during your next maintenance period.

Cloud SQL offers several tools to help you manage maintenance, ensuring you can schedule it at the time that is best for you and receive advance notice. To learn more about maintenance windows, notifications, and deny periods, you can check out our documentation.

Regards,

The Cloud SQL Team