Introducing flexible instance configurations, fitting your specific compute needs in MySQL

Akhil Jariwala

Mar 8, 2021, 10:31:34 AM3/8/21
to Google Cloud SQL announce

At Cloud SQL, we understand every workload has different demands. Today, we support nearly 200 flags, giving you the freedom to customize your database’s configuration. Sometimes, the vCPUs and the RAM that come with the standard instance sizes isn’t quite right. Certain workloads demand a little more processing power or a different ratio of memory to vCPUs.

We are happy to announce flexible instance configurations for Cloud SQL for MySQL. Flexible instance configurations allow you to specify a specific number of vCPUs and RAM when setting up a new instance, or updating an existing one. With flexible instance configurations, you have the means to set up your database with just the right amount of compute resources it needs to do the job.

You can select a flexible instance configuration today in the Console by editing the configuration options for your instance, expanding the “Machine type” menu, and clicking on “Custom.” You can also select flexible instance configurations using the Cloud SQL Admin API or the gcloud CLI interface. For more information about how to either create a new instance or modify an existing instance with a flexible instance configuration, visit our documentation.

Regards,

The Cloud SQL Team