Cloud SQL offers faster maintenance for MySQL and PostgreSQL

Akhil Jariwala

Feb 24, 2021, 7:33:20 PM2/24/21
to Google Cloud SQL announce

Routine maintenance is a part of every database user experience—it’s how we ensure you get the performance improvements and new feature updates that keep your business running smoothly and securely. But we get it: nobody likes downtime, no matter how brief.

We are happy to share that Cloud SQL now offers faster maintenance for your MySQL and PostgreSQL database instances. A typical maintenance event now lasts just 90 seconds, which represents a 70% reduction in average maintenance time. Shorter maintenance means you can get back to running your business and developing your applications on the latest Cloud SQL software even faster than before. You will automatically benefit from our faster maintenance process during your database’s next maintenance window.

Cloud SQL offers several tools to help you manage maintenance, ensuring you can schedule it at a time that’s best for you and give your users advanced notice. To learn more about maintenance windows, notifications, and deny periods, you can check out our documentation.

Regards,
The Cloud SQL Team