Export data from Cloud SQL without performance overhead

Brett Hesterberg

Sep 16, 2020, 12:46:17 PM9/16/20
to Google Cloud SQL announce
While there are a variety of reasons to export data out of your databases - such as to maintain backups, meet regulatory data retention policies, or feed downstream analytics - exports can put undue strain on your production systems, making them challenging to schedule and manage. To eliminate that resource strain, we’ve launched a new feature for Cloud SQL: serverless exports. Serverless exports enables you to export data from your MySQL and PostgreSQL database instances without any impact on performance or risk to your workloads.

Using the new serverless export feature ensures these exports won’t bog down your Cloud SQL database instance, so you can continue to run predictably and reliably. And until February 2021, you can use serverless exports at no charge.

Check out our Google Cloud blog post and online documentation for more information.

Regards,
The Cloud SQL Team