Can't spawn ultramem VM: insufficient capacity in zone

Tomás Di Domenico

Sep 22, 2021, 7:29:14 AM9/22/21
to google-cloud-slurm-discuss
I've fired up a cluster with three partitions. The first two feature c2 VMs and work correctly. The third one features m1-ultramem-80 VMs and these fail to spawn. "/var/log/slurm/resume.log" in the controller says:

HttpError 503 when requesting https://compute.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/tropicoso/zones/europe-west2-b/instances/bulkInsert?alt=json returned "Zone does not currently have sufficient capacity for the requested resources.

I can manually create a VM with the same characteristics on the same project and zone with no problems. I've also tried different zones and the result is the same error.

Has anyone encountered such scenario? Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Tomás

Keith Binder

Sep 22, 2021, 8:59:02 AM9/22/21
to Tomás Di Domenico, google-cloud-slurm-discuss
How many M1 instances are you trying to spin up in that partition?

Tomás Di Domenico

Sep 22, 2021, 9:05:27 AM9/22/21
to google-cloud-slurm-discuss
Just one.

Keith Binder

Oct 4, 2021, 8:43:43 AM10/4/21
to Tomás Di Domenico, google-cloud-slurm-discuss

Tomás Di Domenico

Oct 4, 2021, 9:52:19 AM10/4/21
to google-cloud-slurm-discuss
It is. Thanks!