This is probably a very simple question, but despite spending a number of hours on it, I have not succeeded in adding a new user to a small SLURM cluster that I have created.
To be clear the owner (me) can access the login node, run jobs, etc.
I'm trying to now create new users for my lab group members.
So far I have:
- Added IAM roles for each, using their some...@gmail.com, with a Compute OS Login role
- Added the enable_oslogin=TRUE key to project metadata
- Using the Compute Engine Default Service account credentials (as a JSON file), tried to use the Python client libraries to push HTTP requests:
- google.auth.transport.requests to push an HTTP PUT request using the Admin Directory v1 API - this did not work, returning 'Bad Request'
- the OS Login API, using build("oslogin", "v1", creds) and try to execute an importsshpublickeys - this says permission denied, i.e., that the service account credentials I am using do not have authorisation to modify a user.
- I also tried making a POSIX user on the login node manually and adding an SSH pubkey to authorized_keys - no dice, though I suspect that is because OS Login is enabled.
Could someone please point me to how I (as project owner and nominal cluster administrator), could (1) create new users; and (2) add their SSH public keys?
I am probably overcomplicating it, but I just cannot figure it out!
NB: I am trying to avoid my lab members having to install gcloud.
Thanks very much