google-cloud-sdk@ list deprecated in favor of google-cloud-dev@ list

Zachary Newman

Jun 22, 2016, 4:19:43 PM6/22/16
to google-cloud-sdk, google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We're moving to consolidate developer tooling mailing lists, in order to (1) enable better response latency (with fewer channels, Google support can get back to you faster), and (2) reduce confusion about the proper mailing list for any given situation.

To that end, the <google-c...@googlegroups.com> list is now deprecated in favor of <google-c...@googlegroups.com>; please direct any further inquiries there. We'll continue to monitor this group, but mostly in order to forward any messages to the new group. Docs will be update over the next week or so.

Cheers,
Zack

pdknsk

Jun 23, 2016, 12:20:53 PM6/23/16
to google-cloud-sdk, google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
A good move I think. I noticed a few problems. The group isn't public, unlike this group. When I tried to join, I couldn't unless I agreed to make a Google Profile, which I didn't. Apparently that's the new name for Google+.

Zachary Newman

Jun 23, 2016, 1:58:42 PM6/23/16
to pdknsk, google-cloud-sdk
I'll bring those points up with the group admin and see if I can get them resolved. Thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 12:20 PM, pdknsk <pdk...@gmail.com> wrote:
A good move I think. I noticed a few problems. The group isn't public, unlike this group. When I tried to join, I couldn't unless I agreed to make a Google Profile, which I didn't. Apparently that's the new name for Google+.

Zachary Newman

Jun 30, 2016, 10:23:48 AM6/30/16
to pdknsk, google-cloud-sdk
It appears as thought requiring G+ profiles is a default setting in Google Groups now, as a spam prevention measure (it's harder to get accounts with G+ identities for sending spam). We've relaxed this requirement in the group, and you should be able to join now (but if we notice an uptick in spam, we may lock it back down).

Thanks for your feedback!