Errors were encountered while copying files to App Engine

mar...@triggermail.io

May 5, 2016, 3:36:21 PM5/5/16
to google-cloud-sdk
Also having deploy issues today:

Google Cloud SDK 108.0.0 with gcloud config set app/use_gsutil true

Any other suggested workarounds?

Thanks!
Marcel

Updating service [partner-docs-gce]...failed.
DEBUG: (gcloud.preview.app.deploy) Error Response: [13] Errors were encountered while copying files to App Engine.

Details: [
  [
    {
      "description": "Error reading from Google Cloud Storage.",
      "resourceType": "file"
    }
  ]
]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/mms/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/calliope/cli.py", line 647, in Execute
    result = args.cmd_func(cli=self, args=args)
  File "/Users/mms/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/calliope/backend.py", line 1407, in Run
    resources = command_instance.Run(args)
  File "/Users/mms/google-cloud-sdk/lib/surface/preview/app/deploy.py", line 537, in Run
    images.get(service))
  File "/Users/mms/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/api_lib/app/appengine_api_client.py", line 88, in DeployService
    return operations.WaitForOperation(self.client.apps_operations, operation)
  File "/Users/mms/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/api_lib/app/api/operations.py", line 69, in WaitForOperation
    encoding.MessageToPyValue(completed_operation.error)))
OperationError: Error Response: [13] Errors were encountered while copying files to App Engine.

Details: [
  [
    {
      "description": "Error reading from Google Cloud Storage.",
      "resourceType": "file"
    }
  ]
]

ERROR: (gcloud.preview.app.deploy) Error Response: [13] Errors were encountered while copying files to App Engine.

Details: [
  [
    {
      "description": "Error reading from Google Cloud Storage.",
      "resourceType": "file"
    }
  ]
]
gcloud preview app deploy partner-docs-gce.yaml --version=20160505-152500 -q   59.14s user 7.51s system 19% cpu 5:35.02 total

mar...@triggermail.io

May 5, 2016, 3:57:26 PM5/5/16
to google-cloud-sdk
A co-worker pointed out the failures on jpg and svg files, so I decided to delete these from the module (we share a common code base and in this case these files are not needed).

I reduced the module footprint from 400M to around 215M and this time the deploy succeeded. Note sure whether this is a coincidence (e.g. 1 out of 5 deploys succeeds) or whether there's a relation ship with module size, number of files or file types.

Valentin Stanciu

May 5, 2016, 4:02:09 PM5/5/16
to mar...@triggermail.io, google-cloud-sdk
The problem is most likely a backend problem. Sadly the Cloud SDK folks can't help too much in this regard.
You're welcomed to open an issue on the appengine issue tracker - https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list

I wouldn't be surprised if the backend failure rate is somehow correlated with the module footprint.

Valentin

jwi...@hugeinc.com

May 5, 2016, 5:35:24 PM5/5/16
to google-cloud-sdk, mar...@triggermail.io
We were having the same issues using gcloud preview app deploy + gcloud config set app/use_gsutil true. Frequent/intermittent Error 13s. We reverted back to using appcfg.py (we're on GAE classic) and all (4) deploys are successful so far.

Justin Beckwith

May 6, 2016, 5:09:16 PM5/6/16
to google-cloud-sdk, mar...@triggermail.io
Greetings folks!  Out of curiosity - why are you using app/use_gsutil true?  We had a bug a few releases ago that may have required that for standard deployments, but I think you should be able to `gcloud config unset app/use_gsutil` and have everything work on the 108 release.

If it doesn't - please let us know!