Using Blobstore Java API on Flexible environment

Danny Leshem

Apr 21, 2016, 8:29:39 AM4/21/16
to google-cloud-sdk
We are currently transitioning our AppEngine "standard" services to the new AppEngine flexible environment.

On AppEngine standard we used the Blobstore Java API to create upload URLs that stored data directly on Google Storage, and then initiated a post-upload callback that allowed our service to return some response to the upload request.

Is this still supported in AppEngine's flexible environment? Seems that the Blobstore service is not supported by gcloud-java.

The alternative we found is to handle the upload ourselves (as in this example), save it to Google Storage and return our response. The downside is that the data needs to be transferred twice: from the user to our service, and then from our service to Google Storage. The Blobstore service made it possible to transfer the data once: from the user directly to Google Storage.

Danny Leshem

May 15, 2016, 3:32:59 AM5/15/16
to google-cloud-sdk
Bump?