gcloud sql instances create: how to set storage, maintenance window, and other parameters?

ma...@olark.com

Aug 23, 2016, 5:36:17 PM8/23/16
to google-cloud-sdk
Hi folks. I'm in the process of scripting out the automated deployment of a cloud sql database. I am able to create a new second gen. instance using `gcloud sql instances create --activation-policy=ALWAYS --tier=db-blah-blah`, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set parameters like the storage size or maintenance window. Neither the `create` command nor the `patch` command appear to cover all the available options. The REST API contains the `update` verb which does cover the full gamut of possibilities, and we could presumably use that directly, but at the same time the API does not appear to offer a `create` verb. So I am fairly confused about how to script out the creation of a second gen. instance with non-default storage size, for example. Any pointers would be really welcome.

Thanks!

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 26, 2016, 1:10:30 PM8/26/16
to google-cloud-sdk
Instances are created using the 'insert' verb of the Cloud SQL Admin API.

It looks like the gcloud command doesn't make full use of all the API options, so this would be a good feature request to make on the google-cloud-sdk issue tracker. It's possible that this may already be in the works though.