Using Images Java API on Flexible environment

Danny Leshem

Apr 21, 2016, 8:35:14 AM4/21/16
to google-cloud-sdk
We are currently transitioning our AppEngine "standard" services to the new AppEngine flexible environment.

On AppEngine standard we used the Images Java API to create serving URLs for images stored on Google Storage. These serving URLs allowed us to manipulate images on the URL-level (e.g. resize) and serve them from Google's fast CDN.

Is this still supported in AppEngine's flexible environment? Seems that the Images service is not supported by gcloud-java.

The alternative we found is to use 3rd-party services like Wix Media Platform or Cloudinary. Apart from having to migrate our data, we really loved the Images service...

Danny Leshem

May 15, 2016, 3:32:46 AM5/15/16
to google-cloud-sdk
Bump?

Mick Dudley

May 16, 2016, 3:20:58 AM5/16/16
to google-cloud-sdk
We are in the same position, any news?

Justin Beckwith

May 19, 2016, 6:57:43 PM5/19/16
to google-cloud-sdk
Greetings folks,
Sadly, this is one of the APIs that isn't going to work with App Engine Flexible.  You can see a full current list of the supported/unsupported APIs here:

Apologies!