Cloud SDK 308.0.0 is now available for download at:
Release notes can be found here:
Cloud SDK introduced support for Python 3 in release 274.0.0 and users are strongly encouraged to migrate to Python 3. Support for Python 2 will be deprecated on September 30, 2020. See also https://cloud.google.com/python/docs/python2-sunset/
## 308.0.0 (2020-09-01)
* Added 'creationTime', 'updateTime' columns for creating reservation.
* Added 'ignore_idle_slots' flag for managing reservations idle slots behavior.
* Supported table snapshot and restoration operation.
* Added manual instruction for Azure connection setup.
* Removed requirements of specifying destination table and target dataset if the scheduling query using DML or DDL with command `bq query --schedule`.
### Cloud Data Catalog
* Implemented the following commands for `gcloud data-catalog taxonomies` and `gcloud data-catalog taxonomies policy-tags` in beta.
* Implemented `export` command for `gcloud data-catalog taxonomies` in beta.
* Implemented `import` command for `gcloud data-catalog taxonomies` in beta.
### Cloud Dataproc
* Added `--enable-kerberos` flag to `gcloud dataproc clusters create` and
`gcloud dataproc workflow-templates set-managed-cluster` to allow users to
enable Kerberos directly without specifying `--kerberos-root-principal-password-uri`
### Cloud Firestore
* Promoted `gcloud filestore backups` to beta.
* Added `gcloud beta filestore instances restore` to enable restoring a Cloud
Filestore instance from a backup.
* Promoted `--source-backup` and `--source-backup-region` flags to beta to
specify backup details; these flags should be used in conjunction with
### Cloud Healthcare
* Promoted `gcloud healthcare hl7v2-stores import` to beta.
### Cloud Run
* Fixed issue when updating labels on a cluster with private visibility failed.
* Added service endpoint visibility to `gcloud run services describe` output
for services deployed with `--platform=gke` or `--platform=kubernetes`.
Cluster-local services show `Ingress: internal`. Services that are not
cluster-local show `Ingress: all`. Use `--connectivity` flag of
`gcloud run deploy` or `gcloud run services update` to update service endpoint
### Cloud Shell
* Promoted `gcloud cloud-shell` command group to beta.
### Compute Engine
* Promoted `compute instances get-screenshot` to GA.
* Added `gcloud beta notebooks instances upgrade` to upgrade Notebooks instance.
* Added `gcloud beta notebooks instances is-upgradeable` to verify if Notebooks instance can be upgraded to a newer image.
Subscribe to these release notes at [https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-cloud-sdk-announce](https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-cloud-sdk-announce)
Note: Cloud SDK introduced support for Python 3 in release 274.0.0 and users are strongly encouraged to migrate to Python 3. Support for Python 2 will be deprecated on September 30, 2020. See also [Python 2 Sunset](https://cloud.google.com/python/docs/python2-sunset/
) and [Using Python 3](https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/topic/startup
As always, please let us know of any issues or feedback you may have via our issue tracker: <https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/new?component=187143
>. You can also ask for help on Stack Overflow, under the `gcloud` tag, or in the google-c...@googlegroups.com