Cloud SDK 309.0.0 is now available for download at:https://developers.google.com/cloud/sdk/
Release notes can be found here:https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/release-notes
Cloud SDK introduced support for Python 3 in release 274.0.0 and users are strongly encouraged to migrate to Python 3. Support for Python 2 will be deprecated on September 30, 2020. See also https://cloud.google.com/python/docs/python2-sunset/
## 309.0.0 (2020-09-09)
### Assured Workloads
* Added `gcloud assured` command group to beta. Commands in this group provide
the ability to read and modify Assured data controls.
* Added `gcloud assured workloads` command group to beta. Commands in this
group allow you to manage Assured Workloads environment resources.
* Added `gcloud assured operations` command group to beta. Commands in this
group allow you to view Assured Workloads operation resources.
### Cloud API Gateway
* Promoted `gcloud api-gateway` to beta.
* Modified `gcloud api-gateway api-configs create`. Removed `--grpc-files`
temporarily since Cloud API Gateway does not support gRPC.
* Modified `gcloud apis create`. Added the optional `--managed-service` flag
to specify a pre-existing Google Managed Service.
### Cloud Firestore
* Promoted `gcloud firestore databases` to beta and GA.
* Promoted `gcloud datastore databases` to beta and GA.
### Cloud SQL
* Updated `cloud_sql_proxy` component to version 1.17.0. Please visit the
following release notes for details:
* Added support for offloading export operations.
### Compute Engine
* Added the following flags to `gcloud beta compute backend-services create`, `gcloud beta compute backend-services update`,
`gcloud beta compute backend-buckets create` and `gcloud beta compute backend-buckets update`:
* Added the following fields to `gcloud beta compute backend-services import` and `gcloud beta compute backend-services export`:
### Kubernetes Engine
* Added `--notification-config` to `gcloud <alpha|beta> container clusters
<create|update>`. This flag is used to enable notifications on a cluster.
Currently Pub/Sub notifications are supported.
Subscribe to these release notes at [https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-cloud-sdk-announce](https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-cloud-sdk-announce)
Note: Cloud SDK introduced support for Python 3 in release 274.0.0 and users are strongly encouraged to migrate to Python 3. Support for Python 2 will be deprecated on September 30, 2020. See also [Python 2 Sunset](https://cloud.google.com/python/docs/python2-sunset/
) and [Using Python 3](https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/topic/startup
As always, please let us know of any issues or feedback you may have via our issue tracker: <https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/new?component=187143
>. You can also ask for help on Stack Overflow, under the `gcloud` tag, or in the google-c...@googlegroups.com