GCP Redis memstore restoring process

vidadala.ha...@morrisonsplc.co.uk

Feb 1, 2019, 11:14:42 AM2/1/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi ,
I am trying to upgrade from basic GCP Redis version to Standard version. What is the best way to restore my data ? Is there any recommended process to restore RDB file?  as I am able to generate RDB file but struggling to restore it. On open source redis we  can find the location for the backup file then replace it with restored file. As GCP redis is managed version, I am unable to find the location?

Thanks very much
Rao Vidadala

Gopal Ashok

Mar 21, 2019, 2:12:05 PM3/21/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
We are working on a feature that will allow you to import-export data to and from Memorystore. We expect to launch this in Q2.

Vicky

Apr 27, 2019, 5:30:26 PM4/27/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Was hoping this will be announced at Google NEXT 19, Given we are already in Q2 any update when will this feature be released? Is it looking like next 1-2 months? or Dragging beyond. Looking for this as a probable solution and can live without persistence for few months. But if it is dragging beyond or not committed ... then need to look for other options. Any insights will help.... Thanks....

rap...@pathmotion.com

May 6, 2019, 8:59:14 AM5/6/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
+1 on that. Any update?

Gopal Ashok

May 23, 2019, 12:13:40 PM5/23/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hello,
We are currently in private alpha and we are ready to go public in beta before end of June.

Thanks
Gopal

geo...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2019, 2:48:05 AM6/12/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi Gopal,
Do you have any release date for for this feature? We are currently migrating from AWS to GCP and this is a blocker for adopting memstore. Any insights on dates will help us to plan our migration.

Thanks,
Jins

Gopal Ashok

Jun 12, 2019, 1:29:11 PM6/12/19
to geo...@gmail.com, Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi Jins, The timeline is to launch the beta last week of June.

Thanks
Gopal

Product Manager
Google Cloud Memorystore