How One Mompreneur Is Helping Women Who Think Motherhood Is A B@* $

Aracely Oubre

Dec 23, 2023, 6:09:08 AM12/23/23
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss

I am a better mother and startup founder because I have an incredible village helping me. From my husband to our nanny to my parents to friends, my girls think it's natural to have a team of people caring for them. And at work, our extended team of advisors and investors and friends help navigate the weekly ups and downs so that we know we have a safety net to depend on when we need it. It's so critical because that's what helps stave off burn-out on both the parental and startup front -- sharing the load with others that I trust.

How One Mompreneur Is Helping Women Who Think Motherhood Is a B@* $

DOWNLOAD https://trabiqqubu.blogspot.com/?bkyq=2wToiP

Professional women are more likely to launch their own businesses after becoming mothers because they experience discriminatory wage reduction known as the motherhood penalty, according to a new study from Wharton management professor Tiantian Yang.

The scholars used matched employer/employee data from Sweden that included the entire working population of that country, replete with details on occupation, pay, and child status. They compared mothers and childless women in the same organizations who held the same occupation to determine how many turned to entrepreneurship after motherhood. The larger the earning penalty those mothers experienced, the more likely they were to leave their employers and start their own businesses.

last night i read this new york times essay, proud to be a mompreneur, by jill salzman. as i took in the debate about whether or not female business owners should hide or showcase their roles as mothers, i felt different than i usually do when i read about women in business. i am one of these people now!

"The playing field is still far from equal, but hopefully, we mompreneurs are modeling that you can do both for the next generation of women so that they don't feel ashamed of wanting more for themselves."

And more important if you have kids and you want to start a business, start a business! This is to say if it feels right you will be able to do so. If you think of it, all moms can be mompreneurs with the amazing multi-tasking skills we have !

Ok, nowthis: there are Dadpreneurs! The dads who decide to be as well entrepreneurs.Funny you think, this sounds like normal man? Ok and this is the problem. Whilewe highlight women being mum and entrepreneur, this is normal for dads. Most ofthe times it means that the woman simply takes care of the baby, nothingspecial.

What we are asking for is to support working mums and working dads more. No need for a special holiday once a year or for flowers and gifts. No need that your child shows you once a year their love. What we need is a society which will support women the same way they support men, for mompreneurs to thrive.

Since 2015, Capital One has partnered with The DEC Network to empower small businesses and women entrepreneurs through its year-round WEDallas programming, including its annual Mompreneur celebration, drawing more than 100 attendees year-over-year to learn business basics while balancing motherhood. This support is part of its broader Capital One Impact Initiative, a $200 million, five-year national commitment to support underserved communities and advance socioeconomic mobility by closing gaps in equity and opportunity.

Choosing between breastfeeding a baby and taking an urgent client call is never easy. It may bring you down on your knees sometimes, urging you to trade one dream for the other. Nonetheless, you must hold on! Many successful businesswomen believe you can balance motherhood and entrepreneurship perfectly.

Many women originally think that loving what they do is enough to create a thriving business. Yes, passion and purpose are important, even vital. However, passionate women often work way too hard for far too long for too little in return for their services because they DO love their work! And then they reach burnout.

Their brutal honesty and helpful suggestions saved me more time, effort, money, and sanity than I can account for and the shifts and breakthroughs they facilitated were a vital anchor and compass for me to navigate motherhood and mompreneurship.

A slang term describing women who run their own businesses while also acting as a full time parent. Mompreneurs are more likely to run a business out of the home than out of a commercial building. Because of family obligations, mompreneurs have to balance the requirements of running a business with the demands of their children, and may do the bulk of their work during the time when their children do not require as much attention.

Across the Internet this term is both embraced and decried by women everywhere! The reason so many shy away from it is because of the obvious connotations that mompreneurs put mommy-hood before business. That, however, is a sweeping generalization. The New York Times offers up a much more interesting (and empowering) definition:

Sometimes, a mom can come up with an idea large-hearted enough to benefit not only her own family but embrace a whole community of women nationwide. When Alison Bernstein founded Suburban Jungle, a real estate and lifestyle advisory firm dedicated to helping young families leave urban life for suburban, she was doing more than pursuing her own passion.

Pawar says that so many women give up their careers because they think that they cannot manage. However, she adds, anyone can manage anything if they plan carefully, accept help, and stick to a balanced schedule.

These amazing women are proof that with dedication, passion, and a dash of superhero flair, you can turn your dreams into a reality. So, get ready to be inspired by their journeys and learn how they're achieving the perfect blend of motherhood and entrepreneurship.

Balancing motherhood and business isn't a one-size-fits-all equation; yet, there are some universal strategies that these extraordinary women we're going to discuss have used to find their equilibrium. Here's a guide on how to master your own balancing act:

Her journey as a mompreneur has been marked by a commitment to creating a safe and empowering platform for dating and networking. Bumble's success is a reflection of Wolfe Herd's determination to challenge gender norms and provide women with a platform to make the first move. Her story as a mom and entrepreneur inspires women to take the initiative and make their mark in the tech and business world.

Kendra's remarkable ability to strike a harmonious balance between motherhood and entrepreneurship serves as an inspiration to countless women seeking to turn their creative visions into thriving businesses.

0aad45d008