Connection issues with redis using VPC

sa...@askscio.com

Sep 11, 2019, 9:57:57 PM9/11/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi, We're using redis memorystore from Appengine standard using go1.12.
As prescribed here (https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/go112/connecting-vpc) I've setup serverless VPC in the same region.

In about half of the deployments I see "connection timed out" upon invoking redigo api. Surprisingly, it works fine other half of the time without any change to the source or app.yaml.
I also noticed its consistent in a deployment - ie it either connects or not for every request until redeployed.

Given the nature it almost feels like a networking issue. I'm using us-central for vpc connector and ip range 10.8.0.0/28

ar...@gaincompliance.com

Sep 20, 2019, 9:35:13 AM9/20/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
I'm experiencing the same issue on App Engine Standard using Python 3 with the exact same intermittent timeout error.

ar...@gaincompliance.com

Sep 25, 2019, 12:58:11 PM9/25/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Our solution ended up being adding Compute Network User permissions to the profile executing the deployment. Unfortunately this permissions error isn't logged out to us but rather internal to Google. This appeared to solve all issues we were experiencing in the Standard Environment.

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 8:57:57 PM UTC-5, sa...@askscio.com wrote:
Message has been deleted