How to connect Redis instance with VM if are in diferent projects?

Zuleyma Espinoza

Jul 15, 2019, 6:51:08 PM7/15/19
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi, i need to connect Redis with a VM but are in diferent projects. I find some information and says that if you have a share VPC network you can do this. But i have my shared VPC network, and i can´t connect them. Can you help me with a step by step?. If you need more information about my case i will be here.

michael...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2020, 4:39:38 PM2/18/20
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
I'm running into the same issue here. I have one project that is hosting a Redis memory store, and I want it to be accessible in other projects. The documentation only says this:

If you want to connect to your Redis instance from a resource in another project using Shared VPC, your Redis instance must be deployed in the Shared VPC host project; additionally, the resource and your Redis instance must either be on the same Shared VPC network or the networks must be peered. Connecting to a Redis instance that is deployed on a shared VPC network in a service project is not supported.

I've tried a variety of different peering settings, and I can't seem to get them to work.