Intermittent Redis timeouts in reading operations

Nicolas Augusto Sassi

Nov 7, 2020, 10:59:06 AM11/7/20
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi!

I'm trying some simple reading operations from to the Redis memorystore.

My code is in a GCP Function and is written in Go as follows:

client := Client: redis.NewClient(&redis.Options{
    Addr: addr,
    DB: db,
})}

val, err := client.Get(ctx, key).Result()
if err == redis.Nil {
    return nil, nil
}
if err != nil {
    return nil, fmt.Errorf("[GET_REDIS_KEYWORDS]: %v", err)
}

The error I'm facing is this: read tcp IP:PORT: i/o timeout

Nicolas Augusto Sassi

Nov 7, 2020, 11:08:40 AM11/7/20
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
I think its valid to point out that I have multiple GCP Functions (more than 500) constantly hitting the redis with both get and set operations.

Nicolas Augusto Sassi

Nov 7, 2020, 11:12:13 AM11/7/20
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Also also, I'm using the Redis memorystore in us-central1-c.

This problem never happened before.