How implement Cloud Memorystore For Redis in java 8

Gerardo Torreblanca Luna

Jan 3, 2020, 4:21:42 PM1/3/20
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi, how to implement Cloud Memorystore for Redis in my project web, using java8 spring. my project is deployed in Google Cloud App Engine

Gopal Ashok

Jan 7, 2020, 5:09:46 PM1/7/20
to Gerardo Torreblanca Luna, Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi Gerardo, To use Memorystore from App Engine you have to configure serverless VPC access to enable connectivity to Memorystore. https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/java/using-memorystore

Memorystore uses OSS redis behind the scenes. So any standard library like jedis and frameworks will work with Memorystore.

Are you trying to use Redis with Spring Boot through the Spring Data Redis library? https://spring.io/projects/spring-data-redis. If so you can follow the  same instructions to use that with Memorystore. You just need to make sure you follow the steps to configure VPC access to enable the connection from App engine to Memorystore.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Gopal

Product Manager
Cloud Memorystore

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 1:21 PM Gerardo Torreblanca Luna <gtorrebl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, how to implement Cloud Memorystore for Redis in my project web, using java8 spring. my project is deployed in Google Cloud App Engine

Product Manager
Google Cloud Memorystore