Multi-VPC peering

Mike Fotinakis

Sep 28, 2018, 12:36:34 AM9/28/18
to google-cloud-mem...@googlegroups.com, Paul Friedman, Faun Winter
Hello!

We are trying to find a way to communicate to a Google Cloud Memorystore instance from 2 different VPCs.

Is there any way to initiate a second peering request? If not, any workarounds?

Cheers,
Mike

Mike Fotinakis

Sep 28, 2018, 12:48:17 AM9/28/18
to google-cloud-mem...@googlegroups.com, Paul Friedman, Faun Winter
I believe we should be able to set up a standalone VPC with only the redis instance in it, and then use network peering to connect our 2 other VPCs to that?
--
- Mike Fotinakis
Co-Founder, Percy.io

Pavel Skuratovich

Oct 12, 2018, 5:27:32 AM10/12/18
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Nope, Memorystore creates its own VPC which peers to your VPC. You don't manage the VPC in which Memorystore instance resides. That's the problem.

Gopal Ashok

Oct 19, 2018, 1:39:25 PM10/19/18
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
MIke,
Can you help us understand the use case for this? One of the reasons we have 1:1 peering is for security and isolation. Currently our peering is limited to one VPC network.

Thanks
Gopal

Product Manager
Cloud Memorystore

michael...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2020, 4:42:35 PM2/18/20
to Google Cloud Memorystore Discuss
Hi,

I'm facing a similar scenario. One project is running Google App Engine Flexible. The other is running a kubernetes workload. I'd like to setup a single Redis Memory store that is accessible by both. Is this possible? The documentation indicates that it is, but I can't figure out how to set it up.