Is there a way to delete built-in indexes without rewriting all entities?

Matthew Warton

Jun 25, 2023, 8:35:15 PMJun 25
to google-cloud-firestore-discuss
Hi,

We have inherited a service "luci-logdog" that uses Datastore (I think it has been migrated to Firestore - how do I check?).

This service has ~500TB of unused built-in indexes that we would like to delete.

There is no documented way to remove these, and the community seems to recommend reading and rewriting all of the entities to remove the index entries.

Is there any way other than doing a read/write of ~1PB of data to delete these indexes?

Thanks,
Matthew Warton