Unable to move project

Hendrik Schalekamp

Aug 11, 2022, 1:05:31 PM8/11/22
to Google Cloud Developers
I am trying to move a project which is not in an organisation to a organisation (gcloud beta projects move project-to-move --organisation new.org). However I keep getting the error below, can anyone assist please?

"(gcloud.beta.projects.move) User [m...@here.com] does not have permission to access projects instance [project-to-move] (or it may not exist): The caller does not have permission"

I have the following rights on "project-to-move":
Owner
Project IAM Admin
Project Mover

I have the following rights on "new.org":
Billing Account User
Folder Admin
Folder IAM Admin
Folder Mover
Organisation Administrator
Organisation Policy Administrator
Project Billing Manager
Project Creator
Project Deleter
Project IAM Admin
Project Mover

Hendrik Schalekamp

Aug 11, 2022, 1:07:29 PM8/11/22
to Google Cloud Developers
Similarly if I click on the Move button from https://console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/settings then I cannot see any organisations listed.

Hector Martinez Rodriguez

Aug 11, 2022, 1:37:06 PM8/11/22
to Google Cloud Developers
Did you already check this guide? It contains all the requirements to migrate a project from no organization to one with an organization.

Hendrik Schalekamp

Aug 11, 2022, 5:14:58 PM8/11/22
to Google Cloud Developers
Yes, worked through all the details in that guide. I ensured that all the correct permissions are assigned both for the project and for the receiving org.

(It seems to be something specific to the project itself, I was able to move another project to the organisation.)

Hendrik Schalekamp

Aug 12, 2022, 4:03:11 AM8/12/22
to Google Cloud Developers
Can anyone point me to where I can get help on this? We need to move our projects to an organisation so that we can setup a shared VPC with additional services, but without being able to move our projects we are stuck.

Ernesto Contreras Pinon

Aug 12, 2022, 12:32:50 PM8/12/22
to Google Cloud Developers

Since you are still experiencing problems moving that specific project into an organization, your best next step should be to create a support case with Google Cloud.

It would not be possible to review your internal project details that are causing this problem over public forums.