error when creating billing account

Virginia Nutu

Mar 12, 2021, 10:18:19 AM3/12/21
to Google Cloud Developers
Hello! I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I have the following problem: I created a Google Cloud Console account and I want to use the Google Cloud Vision API. To do that, I have to add a billing account. I tried to do that using both a debit card and a credit card (both work with youtube subscriptions) and after giving the static password for the card, I have the very "helpful" error message "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. [OR-CAVT-01]" . I can't contact google billing support because I'm not the administrator of a billing account, and I can't create a billing account because my cards don't seem to be accepted and this is the only method available in my country. Conclusion, I'm stumped. Any ideas?
Thanks

David Charles Martinez

Mar 12, 2021, 5:29:49 PM3/12/21
to Google Cloud Developers

Hello,

I believe the best path to take here is to have the billing admin contact GCP billing support which he/she would be able to do by accessing the GCP Cloud Console and clicking on Support -> Phone support-> GCP Billing support as the billing team would be able to provide you with additional information regarding this issue.