Issue with GCP Server usage API

Johnson Thiang

Jul 25, 2022, 11:11:15 AM7/25/22
to Google Cloud Developers
Hi there,

We have a script that would use the GCP Service Usage API to get a list of the service usage APIs available. However, since 20 July, we've been seeing duplicate results returning from the API and it takes a long time to query the API.

To rule out issue with our script, I've tried it with the Google Cloud Shell in GCP console and we are seeing the same behaviour.

Run the following command in Cloud Shell to replicate the problem:

gcloud services list --available

Is there a bug in the API?

Ernesto Contreras Pinon

Jul 26, 2022, 12:27:26 PM7/26/22
to Google Cloud Developers

I tried the command you shared, but could not see duplicated data returned. Which API library and version are you currently using? You could also try querying the REST API to confirm if you are still seeing the duplicated data.

Johnson Thiang

Jul 26, 2022, 10:50:10 PM7/26/22
to Google Cloud Developers
Did the command return you any result? The command was not able to complete and return anything.

I was only able to get a result by setting a limit:

gcloud services list --available --limit 5000 --page-size 200 > test.txt

output to a file and you would see the duplicated results.