Cloud Bigtable launches one-node production instances!

Sandy Ghai

Mar 23, 2020, 12:01:44 PM3/23/20
to Google Cloud Bigtable Discuss

[ bcc: google-cloud-bigtable-announce ]

Dear Bigtable users,

We are excited to announce that Cloud Bigtable now supports one- and two-node production clusters, down from our previous minimum of three nodes per cluster. We are also expanding our SLA to cover all Cloud Bigtable instances, regardless of type or size.

With this launch, we hope to:

  • Reduce the entry price for production instances on Cloud Bigtable

  • Make replication more affordable for smaller instances by reducing the minimum cost to add a new cluster

  • Provide more functionality to customers who need a small instance for development, including the ability to scale up and down for testing

To get started, create a new Cloud Bigtable instance or upgrade your existing development instance to a one-node production instance.

Thank you for being a user of Cloud Bigtable. Please let us know if you have any questions or requests at cloud-bigta...@google.com.

Best,

Sandy

on behalf of the Bigtable team