Google Cloud Bigtable adds Admin Activity audit logging (beta)

Misha Brukman

Jan 5, 2018, 10:06:55 PM1/5/18
to Google Cloud Bigtable Discuss

[ bcc: google-cloud-bigtable-announce@ ]

Dear Bigtable users,

We are proud to announce the launch of Admin Activity audit logging (beta) for Cloud Bigtable! With this launch, you will be able to track administrative changes made to your Cloud Bigtable instances and clusters, and see who made them and when. These events will appear in Stackdriver (see screenshot below) for you to easily search and view, process programmatically, or export to other systems.

Note: at this time, we are only logging Admin Activity operations (e.g., operations to create, resize, update, or delete Cloud Bigtable clusters or instances, tables, and column families). Cloud Bigtable at this time is not yet providing an audit log for the Data Access (e.g., reads and writes of data from tables). If you are interested in getting an audit log of all Data Access operations on Bigtable, please get in touch with us so that we can discuss your requirements.

You can also see all of the service changes on our newly-updated release notes page.

Best,

Misha

on behalf of the Bigtable team

Suds Kumar

Mar 22, 2021, 7:15:39 PM3/22/21
to Google Cloud Bigtable Discuss
Hi Misha (Bigtable product team)

We have a requirement to store audit log for the Data Access (e.g., reads and writes of data from tables).
The read is through a service account using NodeJS client library.
The write is through a dataflow streaming job.
Could you suggest some options to log Data Access Audit Logs?

Thanks
Suds

Ramesh Dharan

Mar 22, 2021, 7:26:53 PM3/22/21
to Google Cloud Bigtable Discuss
Hi Suds,

Do you have a Google Cloud Support package?

If so would you mind filing a Cloud Bigtable support case describing this request in more detail? We may be able to better assist you via that channel. You can mention my name directly.

--
Ramesh Dharan
on behalf of Cloud Bigtable Engineering